INGREDIENTS For 12 people
For the recipe
- 1 pack of crust leaf
- 3 cups of olive oil
- 1 kilo of pickled nuts
- 1 soup spoon cinnamon
- 1 tea spoon carnation powder
- 2 cups of bread crust
- 1 cup of sugar
- 3 cups of thyme honey
- In a bowl mix, walnuts, cinnamon, carnations, breadcrumps and sugar.
- Lubricate with a brush the bottom and sides of a round 32cm diameter pan with olive oil. Lay the first sheet and grease it. Follow the same process by placing three more sheets, which you grease again with each other. Apply a thin layer of filling.
- Continue by placing two sheets, which you also grease with each other. Follow one more layer of filling and continue the same process until the filling and leaves finish. The last leaves must be at least four.
- Pass the surface of the baklava with plenty of olive oil and pour the rest of the olive oil. With a pointed knife you cut it into pieces of diamonds, of the size of your choice. Brush the surface of the baklava with some water and bake it in a preheated oven, at 180 degrees, for 50-55 minutes until browning.
- As soon as you remove the baklava from the hot oven, pour some honey. You let it take the honey for at least 24 hours.
You can also
Choose a light blond honey flower to make the baklava lighter.